Monday, February 21, 2011

Urban Decay Primer - BUY IT NOW!!!



As most of you do, I also work really long days and I’m typically only a few inches from my clients’ faces, one after another, after another and as a makeup artist it is super embarrassing when I can feel my face getting greasier and greasier by the moment, especially when you are teaching your client all the tips to a flawless face! I am such an ingredient Nazi that I will usually forfeit products that promise to be long wearing because they generally contain ingredients that clog my pores and over time, cause breakouts (P.S. Breakouts at 31… so uncool this far after puberty!) So I tend to pick the ones with the least offensive ingredients even if it means giving up a little effectiveness. On one of my recent south Florida makeup tours a fellow artist actually said, after several days of working side by side with me, “Kara, I can’t believe how many times you have to touch up in a day!” I had just come to accept being constantly shiny and took solace in the fact that oily skin stays younger longer… blah blah blah.

Since then I have been in search of a solution and I think I have finally found one!!! Urban Decay De-Slick In a Tube Mattifying Gel $28, I did some research and went to my home away from home – also known as Sephora and was pleasantly surprised at the reasonable price of this primer and the short list of ingredients. Today was day one with the new wonder product and let me tell you, I gave it a run for it’s money! We had an 80 degree day with full sunshine and I not only watered my garden, walked my dogs around the neighborhood then to a art festival, then hand washed my car at the heat of the day and cleaned my house (it was my first Sunday off in months!) and I am blown away by how well this primer held up! I DID NOT, I repeat, I DID NOT TOUCH UP ONCE all day! I applied it at 9am and wore my normal foundation over top so the only factor that changed was the Urban Decay product. Now, to be perfectly honest, it is 9pm and if I was going to dinner or something, I would need to blot now and retouch my makeup but nonetheless it lasted 8 hours longer than my usual primers so I’M SOLD! If you have oily, acne prone skin like me, girls it is worth every penny and I strongly recommend it!

PLUS there are No Parabens or Sulfates

Active Ingredients: Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin

No comments:

Post a Comment